Social Compliance Audit In China, Vietnam and India
Social Audit (SA), also known as Social Compliance Audit or Corporate Social Responsibility Audit, measures the suppliers’ social performance according to the international human rights norms and national laws. V-Trust social audit can help you have an understanding about the potential disruption risk in your supply chain caused by ethical compliance issues.
When is a suitable time to conduct a Social Compliance Audit?
When you are planning to start new cooperation with either new or existing suppliers, V-Trust Social Audit can help you do a thorough check on the most updated social performance of the factory. We can also arrange regular follow-up audit on a yearly basis after you have started the cooperation.
What criteria are covered in a Social Compliance Audit?
V-Trust Social Audit can cover the following aspects:
- Health and safety
- Environmental management
- Wages and working hours
- Child labor & young labor
- Freedom of association
What is the cost of a Social Compliance Audit?
- No extra charge for travel cost
- No extra charge for audits on Saturday or Sunday
- Full-time experienced auditors only
- A detailed audit report with CAP issued within 3 days
- Free consultancy before and after audits
Frequently Asked Questions on Social Compliance Audit
Why do I need a Social Compliance Audit?
How many days in advance should I book the Social Compliance Audit?
Who will I be in contact with throughout the whole process?
Do I need to inform the factory about the planned Social Compliance Audit?
Can I discuss with you in details about my own Social Compliance Audit requirement?
Absolutely! V-Trust auditors normally measure the factory’s performance through either of the below audits:
- Code of Conduct (CoC): V-Trust provides independent and impartial code of conduct audit services which can be aligned with local legislation, international norms or the client’s own criteria.
- SEDEX Member’s Ethical Trade Audit (SMETA): SMETA covers ETI Base Code principles and also reviews performance against human rights, responsible recruitment practices, management systems implementation etc.